Thursday, February 27, 2014

In the Still of the Night

What does night time look like at Casa de Mad Mama? 

Well, it's pretty crazy until at least 8:30! We have soccer at least twice a week, so with late school dismissal (4pm), we are fairly rushed to get home, do homework, eat a snack (or early dinner) and get to practice.  We have church on Wednesdays, so our only evenings at home are, well, non-existent.  This time of year is the worst...Soccer for H, Volleyball for L, political events, fundraisers, meetings for J and I both. This week, we have had something every single night.  Tomorrow night is a (freezing cold) soccer game.  It's pretty exhausting, but we try to have the kids home and in bed by 8:30 every single night and we almost always keep that routine.  Oh, and basketball - NBA basketball that is.  Can't forget that we have season tickets, which keeps the two who go to the game out until 10pm once a week or so(we skip a lot during the winter - it's cold and late!).

Once the kids are in bed and it's quiet, I like to catch up on my DVR, take a bath, or read.  Sometimes all three.  J is away from the house probably 3 weeknights every week, when he isn't traveling.  If he does happen to be here, he's working until 9:30 or so.  We like to try to watch a show or at least Jimmy Fallon together every night. I TRY to get to sleep by 11 every night but a lot of times it's closer to midnight. 

Speaking of schedules, I am thinking of doing some weekly posts about things I love or am interested in...something like this:

Mondays - Meal planning for the week...my meals are pretty boring due to our crazy schedule, but I like having a plan!

Tuesdays - TV!! I love TV and watch WAYYYYYY too much...maybe just a little chatting about TV land?

Wednesdays - Wishful thinking - links to things (probably clothes and shoes!!) that I love.

Thursday - Thoughts for the week - what's going on around here, what's bugging me, what's new in my world...

Friday - Books! What I'm reading or hoping to read soon.

The weekends will either be blog-less or just random content...what do you think? (I'm not sure who I think will comment, as I haven't shared this with a soul - YET!)

No comments:

Post a Comment